Boreman Ltd is committed to respecting and protecting your privacy. We wish to be transparent on how we process your data and show you that we are accountable with the GDPR in relation to not only processing your data but ensuring you understand your rights as a client.
It is the intention of this privacy statement to explain to you the information practices of Boreman Ltd in relation to the information we collect about you.
For the purposes of the GDPR the data controller is:
- Boreman Ltd
- Contact details of Boreman Ltd
- When we refer to ‘we’ it is Boreman Ltd
Please read this statement carefully as this sets out the basis on which any personal data, we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
Who are we?
Boreman Ltd are a designer, manufacturer and distributer of auto- motive lighting.
Our Data Protection Officer/ GDPR Owner and data protection representatives can be contacted directly here:
- Sarah Corbett
Purpose for processing your data
- We use this data for sending mail shots of new and existing products
- Information will only be used for the purposes of product related information
Why are we processing your data? Our Legal Basis
We are processing your data so that we may keep you updated on our new and existing products as a valued customer.
In order for us to provide you information on our latest products Boreman Ltd need to collect personal data for the purposes of keeping you updated on new and existing products.
In any event, Boreman Ltd are committed to ensuring that the information we collect, and use is appropriate for this purpose, and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy.
How will Boreman Ltd use the personal data it collects about me?
Boreman Ltd will process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in manner compatible with EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We will endeavour to keep your information accurate and up to date and not keep it for longer than is necessary.
Who are we sharing your data with?
We may pass your personal data on to third-party service providers contracted to Boreman Ltd in the course of dealing with you. Any third parties that we may share your data with are obliged to keep your details securely, and to use them only to fulfil the service they provide on your behalf. When they no longer need your data to fulfil this service, they will dispose of the details in line with Boreman Ltd procedures.
If we wish to pass your sensitive personal data onto a third party we will only do so once we have obtained your explicit consent, unless we are legally required to do otherwise.
We have issued all our third-party processors with a Data Processor checklist asking them GDPR specific questions.
If we transfer personal data to a third party or outside the EU we as the data controller will ensure the recipient (processor or another controller) has provided the appropriate safeguards and on condition that enforceable data subject rights and effective legal remedies for you the data subject are available.
Data Subject Rights:
Boreman Ltd facilitate you, our clients, right in line with our data protection policy and the subject access request procedure. This available on request.
Your right as a data subject:
At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you, the data subject, have the following rights:
- Right to access: you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification: you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten: in certain circumstance you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing: where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right to portability: you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object: you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automate processing, including profiling: you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
- Right to judicial review: in the event that Boreman Ltd refuses your request under right of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why.
All of the above requests will be forwarded on should there be a third party involved as we have indicated in the processing of your personal data.
Additional information we are providing you with to ensure we are transparent and fair with our processing
Retention of your personal data
Data will not be held for longer than is necessary for the purpose(s) for which they were obtained. Boreman Ltd will process personal data in accordance with retention schedule. This retention schedule has been governed by our internal governance.
In the events that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processes by Boreman Ltd or how your complaint has been handled, you have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the supervisory authority and Boreman Ltd data protection representatives Data Protection Officer/ GDPR Owner.
Failure to provide further information
If we are collecting your data for a contract (e.g. Life policy or motor insurance policy) and you cannot provide this data, the consequences of this could mean the contract cannot be completed or details are incorrect.
If we intend to further process your personal data for a purpose other than for which the data was collected, we will provide this information prior to processing this data.
If we have received your personal data from another source, we will endeavour to share with you;
- One month of obtaining the personal data, in accordance with the specific circumstances of the processing;
- At the first instance of communicating in circumstance where the personal data is used to communicate with the data subject;
- When personal data is first disclosed in circumstances where the personal data is disclosed to another recipient.
Your privacy is important to us. If you have any queries, questions or comments regarding this statement, please do not hesitate to contact us on email@example.com
What are cookies
Cookies are small pieces of information, stored in text files, placed on the computer browser. Some cookies can be read by the website on your subsequent visits. The information stored in cookies generally relate to your browsing habits on this website. Other cookies are deleted when you close your browser and only relate to the working of the website.
Each cookie can only be accessed by the site which has created it.
What cookies are we using?
This site uses the following cookies:
Strictly necessary cookies
- Session Cookies: those do not store personal information and are used by this site to preserve the visitor’s session state across pages
Third Party Cookies
Some cookies may be set on your computer by third part sites and systems we may use.
- Analytic and Pixels: We use Analytics and Pixels to help provide us with information for this site. The following list is the current Analytics and Pixels that we use on this site: Statcounter.com, Google Analytics and Facebook Pixel.
- Statcounter: (www.statcounter.com) We use Statcounter Analytics to provide us with information on this site. In order to insure we do NOT store personal information through such system we are masking visitors’ IP address through the option settings. This information provided allow us to better understand where visitors come from, what are of our site they like the best and some of their behaviours on our site.
- Goggle Analytics: (https://marketingplatform.google.com/aboutanalytics/) We use Google Analytics to provide us with information on this site. In order to insure we do NOT store personal information through such system we are masking visitor’s IP address through the option settings. The information provided allows us to better understand where visitors come from, what are of our site they like best and some of their behaviours on our site.
- Facebook Pixels: (www.facebook.com) We use Facebook Pixels to provide us with information on this site. In order to insure we do NOT store personal information through such system we are masking visitor’s IP address through the option settings. The information provided allows us to better understand where visitors come from, what area of our site they like best and some of their behaviours on our site.
All browsers allow you to turn off cookies or to customise your settings for cookies. Should you wish to change those settings please feel free to do so.
Please note that if you turn off cookies or change your settings, some features/functionalities on this site may not work correctly.